Product Summary: The MultiTherm™ shaker is a temperature controlled vortexer useful for a variety of molecular biology applications. Despite its modest 8 x 11 in. footprint, all popular tubes and plates are compatible, including as many as six 50ml tubes.
- Temperature control from 0° to 100°C
- Exchangeable blocks, for tube sizes 0.2 to 50ml
- Precision contoured wells, for uniform thermal transfer
- Two models: heat/cool or heat only
The MultiTherm shaker is a temperature controlled vortexer, useful for a variety of molecular biology applications including:
- Denaturation of DNA, RNA and proteins
- Lipid extractions
- Yeast and bacteria cultivation
- Restriction digests
- Reverse transcription
- DNA/plasmid isolation
- Gentle thawing of biological materials
Despite its modest 8 x 11 in. footprint, all popular tubes and plates are compatible, including as many as six 50ml tubes. Speed, time and temperature settings are continuously visible on the LCD, simultaneously showing both actual and selected values. Integral over-temperature control ensures long life, safety and sample integrity.
* Note: The larger mass of this block results in a reduced speed and temperature range.
|Temp. Range (HC):
||Ambient -20° to 100°C
|Temp. Range (H):
||Ambient +5° to 100°C
|Heating Ramp Rate:
||5.0°C / min.
|Cooling Ramp Rate
||2.5°C / min. (HC only)
||200 to 1500 rpm, or “off”
|Motion / Orbit:
||Horizontally circular / 2mm
||Per selected block
||8.25 x 11.5 x 8.25 in.
21 x 29 x 21 cm
||18lb. / 8kg
||120V or 230V, 50-60Hz