- Work with smart phones & tablets (iPhone™, iPad™ & Droid™)
- Instantly share images by text, email or cloud sharing
- Adjustable focal distance to optimize focus and image size
- Use with UV or Blue Light transilluminators
- Two filter options for common stain and lighting combinations
- Accommodates gels up to 15 x 15cm
Imaging System for your Smart Phone
- The SmartDoc system is ideal for quickly obtaining quality images of your gels for your records or analysis. Most gel imaging systems cost thousands of dollar as they include a high resolution camera, color display, complicated control panel, computer and more. The smartDoc uses the camera and computer that we already have... our smart phone.
- To use the SmartDoc, simply place the enclosure over your gel and transilluminator. Lay your smart phone or tablet onto the non-slip, rubber pad, and align the camera lens over the filter. Raising and lowering the platform allows optimization of focus and image size. Filters are available for compatibility with multiple light sources and dyes.
- The Blue Light model includes high intensity blue LEDs to excite green dyes. This eliminates the need for hazardous and DNA-damaging UV light.
- Images can be previewed on the device's display before capturing the picture. Images as easily shared, printed or transferred via text message, email or cloud sharing apps. Gel analysis software, such as the freeware found at www.gelanalyzer.com, can be used to analyse the image.
- Filters available: Narrow Band Pass 535nm (for green eye) and Narrow Band Pass 590nm (for EtBr)
- Q: Will the SmartDoc fit onto my transilluminator?
A: The SmartDoc will fit onto any flat top transilluminator surface with dimensions of at least 20 x 20cm and with a safety lid that can be opened completely (out of the way) or removed.
- Q: Are filters needed to use the Smart Doc?
A: Yes, one of the available filters should be purchased with the SmartDoc. These optical, narrow band filters are needed whether using UV/Blue light transilluminators or the built-in blue LED illumination. These filters block wavelengths above and below the wavelength of the fluorescing gel stain and allow capturing a quality image off the bands in the gel. The filters also provide safety to the user, as they block dangerous UV wavelengths from coming through the lens hole and will protect users’ eyes.
- Q: Why are there two models of SmartDocs?
A: The basic SmartDoc unit (E5000-SD) is for labs that want to use their existing UV or Blue light transilluminator. The SmartDoc Blue Light (E4000-SDB) has a built in array of blue LEDs in the enclosure. These LEDs emit a wavelength for excitation of SYBR green and other safe green type stains.c
- Q: Why does the SmartDoc have an adjustable platform?
A: The camera platform can be adjusted up and down to optimize the image size and focus for different types of phone cameras. We found that different iPhones and Droid phones have cameras with different viewing angle lenses.
- Q: Is the UV blocking mat needed.
A: The UV blocking mat should be purchased if the SmartDoc is to be used on a transilluminator with a viewing surface larger than 20x20cm. This mat will block harmful UV rays from coming up around the SmartDoc.
CUSTOMERS WHO BOUGHT THIS PRODUCT ALSO ORDERED