LabScientific’s Rotary Microtomes are manually operated advanced rotary microtomes, used to produce thin sections of specimens of different hardness in both routine and research applications in biology, medicine and industry. They are designed to section soft materials embedded in paraffin as well as harder specimens, provided those specimens are still suitable for manual sectioning.
- Robust Ergonomic design & Compact dimensions
- Precise guide way and clamping device for knife holder with optimum sliding capability
- Angle of cut and angle of attack easily adjusted
- Automatic disengagement of feed mechanism at the limit of Feed
- A heavy and rigid base to render a shake proof operation
- Convenient specimen holder
- Reduces hand stress via smooth-running hand wheel
- Elevating, Leveling movements of knife and lateral movements for the sturdy Knife Holder to use complete knife edge
- Convenient and accurate specimen advance
- All mechanism protected totally in the housing
- Remarkable stability and even weight distribution
- Easy use: Microtome Knife & Disposable Blade Holder
- Section Thickness Indication: Visual display.
- Horizontal specimen feed 25 mm
- Specimen Orientation: XY axis 8 Degrees; Z axis 360 Degrees
- Knife Holder Base Features conveniently suited for: Microtome knives of 100- 300 mm; Standard Disposable blade Holder
- Adjustment with Locks: North-south Adjustment, East-West Adjustmen
- Range of section thickness: 1 - 60μm; 1 to 10 in 1 μm steps; 10 to 20 in 2 μm steps; 20 to 60 in 5 μm steps
- Vertical specimen feed 60 mm
- Convenient specimen Holder Standard 55 x 55 mm
- Displacement with Locks; Lateral Displacement
- Clamping Mechanism; Clockwise with two knobs
XM-012 - Our quality quick-release clamp microtome accessory is designed to fit standard Leica style microtomes.